Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Back to super8 after 12 years, HELP

  1. #1
    sasounet
    Guest sasounet's Avatar

    Question

    Hello,

    Seeing all the super8 activity on the net, I decided to dig out my old camera and shout some stuff. I bought a brand new cartridge from my local dealer who told me that indeed super8 was making a small comeback. I bought a Kodachrome 40 cartridge, process included.

    I live in Canada and my question is : where do I send it for processing !? I know there are now only two places that can process K40 film: Dwayne's Photo Service and Kodak Switzerland.

    Now I don't think Dwayne will honor my prepaid film so that leaves Kodak Switzerland. BUT: there is also an address in Canada printed on the return envelope. (Box 1400, Station W, Toronto). In fact there are a lot of possible address for many countries (But no address in the US!) . Are they any good ? Are those address just relay that forward the films to Switzerland ?

    I don't want to send my films to a non-valid-anymore place ! But remember that this cartridge is NEW ! (Process before 03/2004)

    If there is no other canadian film maker on this list, maybe people from other countries that buys process included cartridges can help me.

    For example :
    In the UK, do anyone send their films to: P.O. Box 2, Deer Park Road, Wimbledon, London ?
    Or in France, is Europarc, 1, rue le Corbusier 94039 Cr?teil Cedex a valid place ?

    Please tell what to do !!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    To my knowledge, the only places in the universe are Dwaynes and the plant in Switzerland.
    I send my stuff only to Switzerland, so I advise you to do that.
    I also suspect you've just bought a pretty old roll, so don't be too judgemental if your roll comes back and doesn't look so hot.
    It may be OK though...

    Otherwise, from now on, buy your film directly from Kodak (under $11.00 US a roll), and get the PK-59 mailers from B&H photo in New York for $5.59.

    There are lots of posts if you go back a ways, on exactly how to do this...

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Berk
    Guest Berk's Avatar

    Post

    I live in Ottawa...I buy my K-40 super 8 film direct from Kodak Canada 416-766-8233, it costs 23.30 cnd processing included.
    For processing I send it to box 1400 ste W in Toronto, I get the film back in about a month...I also buy black and White from Kodak Canada also , its cheaper - but processing is not included - for BW processing I use Black and White Factory in toronto
    http://www.blackandwhitefilmfactory.com/

    they charge 10.00 a roll and ship it back the next day.

    Berk

    ------------------

  4. #4
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    if kodak canada does indeed include and provide processing, i suggest you buy the film from europe. it's probably cheaper. germany and holland seems to be the best countries to buy from in that respect. then you should be able to just send it to kodak canada and they will take care of sending it to switzerland and all that. i do this all the time -- i buy film from germany and send it to kodak in sweden (actually, i drop it off at a local kodak store to save even more on stamps) for processing. always takes 13 days it seems.

    /matt

  5. #5
    Frank Houiellebecq
    Guest Frank Houiellebecq's Avatar

    Post

    If you live in the U.K. you send it to Kodak 2 Deer park Rd in London, they send it to Switzerland and then back to you.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    sasounet
    Guest sasounet's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks to all for the replies. It seems those address on the envelope are good after all. I'll will send the first one to Kodak Canada and the second one directly to Switzerland. I'll then do a time/cost performance ratio.

    Regards,
    sasounet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •